Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jumped 100 points in 8 days im serious..proof included

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score jumped 100 points in 8 days im serious..proof included

Ilecs, maybe i sound stupid but what's a PFD?..If its some type of letter then no i did not..i never sent letter out for any of my creditors,I personally like caling them until they get sick of me and then they give in..lol

Message 11 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ilecs, maybe i sound stupid but what's a PFD?..If its some type of letter then no i did not..i never sent letter out for any of my creditors,I personally like caling them until they get sick of me and then they give in..lol

A PFD letter is a letter that asks an OC or CA if they would delete in exchange for a payment. In most cases, paying an OC or CA won't get a baddie deleted without a PFD, but in your case, it sounds like the OC had some clout or even owned the TL and agreed to pull it back.

Message 12 of 18
nursev
Valued Member

WTG flo23!!!

EQ 644 - myFiCO 6/11/13
TU 679 WalMart 6/5/13
TU 690 Merrick 5/15/13
Message 13 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

From the information given by OP I will venture a guess as to what happened. Since the OP was able to pay original creditor the orginal creditor had control of the debt.  The OP account was only assigned to the collection agency. When the payment was made by the OP the original creditor recalled the account from the collection agency  When the account is recalled the collection agency can no longer report the account to credit bureau(s).  It also sounds like a type debt where the original creditor was not reporting the debt  to the credit bureaus only the collection agency was reporting.

Flo23,

To answer the other question the more recent the derogatory information the greater the impact on your score. You are off to a great start on repairing your credit.  A little advice. Look at your score reasons that are hurting your score then look at the credit report and see what you can do to address that. The reasons given are in order of impact on the score. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice guys.. this board has a been a greatvhelp to me since i joined board..thanks all of you.

Message 15 of 18
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the score increase! i should start bugging my negative accounts!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's awesome! Wish mine would take a 100 point increase!!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inspiring win Flo23!!

Hi everyone, I am semi-new to the site. I have been using the site for information for over 1 yr. This will be my first post. (smiling) I just recently found a medical collection account on my Credit Reports for $116. I called the CA and they informed me that the account was from Children Hospital. I was under the impression that i was paying this bill thru another agency because CH was listed as the location. To my surprise they split the bill into; so i should have a bill for Medical college & CH. Whenever the CA called (trying to collect on behalf of CH) i wouldn’t pay them bc i never received a bill from them. I sent a PFD form and they never responded. I called a month letter and got the fax # and sent it. No response. Every time they called i asked for a bill to be mailed. They claimed to already sent one, i claimed that i never got it. Long story short, I talked to someone in legal department; they broke down the different bills to me and informed me to check my EOB forms from insurance bill. BINGO, there it was a bill for CH. So i called and debated the PFD again and they wouldn’t bite so i just paid the bill to the CA.

My question is do I still have a good chance in getting this removed from my reports? I probably should have been patience and tried to go thru the original debtor (but i didn’t)

The CO account is 9 months old as well.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.