Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jumped 27 points this month... booya

tag
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Score jumped 27 points this month... booya

EDIT: False alarm Smiley Sad

Turns out, for what ever reason, a baddy on my report wasn't reported that month, and for what ever reason, was reported again this month, so my score has dropped the 27 points again.

Oh well, at least I know what I have to look forward to now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original post:

654 - 681 with experion.....

Hello "good" credit.

Just wanted to stop in and thank you guys for all the help, it seems to be working swimmingly.

Cheers!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score jumped 27 points this month... booya

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Score jumps are always the best days!

Message 3 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats! What did you do? Bring down uti% 

Baddies falling off/getting removed?

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 15
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Well, I had some baddies, and did manage to get a couple removed a couple years ago using lexington law. 

The ones they got removed were gone the first month, but i wouldn't recommend using that service any longer than 1 month, if at all... you can do it on your own.

From there, I just kind of continued paying my mortgage until my score got high enough for a decent secure card (first national omaha.)

I set it up to pay for an online subscription i have every month, it was about $6 or $7. There was no rewards, so no point what so ever in putting anything more on it. Then I set it up with automatic payments, and forgot about it. 

The first national omaha card includes a fico score every month, so i just kept a close eye on that until I felt my credit had improved enough to make some more moves.

Once I started getting closer to "good credit" I applied for a couple rewards cards, and bought a car (i needed the car, and could easily afford it).

So, now I no longer use the FNB card, and only use my 2 rewards cards. I pay them off in full every month using automatic payments, and now it looks like things are really starting to move. I'm sure it will be another slow climb, but it was worth it last time, and it will be worth it again this time.

Stick with it!!

Message 5 of 15
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I highly recommend Lexington Law.  I had a total of 207 negitives across 3 reports and now have 28.  Yes you can do it your self but why?  I much rather have them take care of it, monitor my credit and just handle business and I can spend time with my family.  OP congrats on increase!

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 6 of 15
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Well, i didn't have nearly that many. I think total I had 5, and they got 2 removed lickety split.

If you have that many, then that might be different.

But, the thing is, it's an expensive monthly fee to be paying. The idea of improving credit is to get better rates, to save money. Using lexington law, or other firms, you could end up paying more than you save.

Message 7 of 15
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I can see your point but with 207 negitive accounts, paying the 80 a month is worth it.  When I had those, my car loan interest rate was over 30%.  After most of those dropped off, I purhcased another car and it was 9%.  The interest alone I saved in first 3 months was more than enough to cover lexington law charges for the 2 years I had it.

Message 8 of 15
Fitzgibbons
New Contributor

Yea, that's quite a hurdle to jump over.

How did you end up with 207 negatives?

Message 9 of 15
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Medical bills!  I had a bunch of hospital vists with no insurnace.  Now, thanks to Affortable Care Act (Obama Care), I have insurance and no health issues.  Each time I went to the hospital, it would be like at least 4-5 bills per visit.  They reported to all 3 reports so that is 12-15 bad marks per visit.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.