Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score jumped by 71 points after I PFD an account with Ad Astra

tag
dtruong005

Re: Score jumped by 71 points after I PFD an account with Ad Astra

fecfec-

I did not send them a letter.  I called the number that was on the letter that Ad Adstra sent to me.  When I told them that I will pay off all of balance right now if they will delete it from my credit report, they didn't hesitate to comply.    The representative put me on hold for about 1 minute to talk to her supervisor.  She came back and said ok.  I paid off the loan with a credit card and within two weeks, the collections item was off my report and my scored jumped.  I hope this helped

More info about my debt:

1 year old debt, personal loan, balance was $600

Started 12/2012 : EX 560 | TU 566 | EQ 555
Now: EX 645 | TU 621 | EQ 612
Message 11 of 15
fecfec
Established Member

Great thank you! Wish me luck1

Message 12 of 15
EJ829
Valued Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Smiley Happy

I have two accounts with them & will pay one of this month & the other next.  You're right, I, too, was informed if I paid in full, they would speak to their Supervisor about removing the debt from my credit report.  I hope that will still be the case later this month, when I have the $$ to pay.  I'm excited about getting my credit score back to where it once was & cleaning up my credit overall.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 13 of 15
fecfec
Established Member

Paid off account this past Friday, same story they put me on hold then came back with the approval to delete. I will keep upi posted on when it deletes and how much my score increases. Thanks for the inoformation.

Message 14 of 15

congrats guys!  

Starting Score Dec 2012 : TU: 572| EXP: 566| EQ: 560
Mar 2013: TU: 630| EXP: 638| EQ: 623
Feb 2014 :TU: 711| EXP:739| EQ: 678
Goal: TU: 720| EXP: 720| EQ: 720
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.