Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score simulation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score simulation?

Hey all!

If this isn't in the right forum, pleae feel free to move it or tell me where it should go.  Just confused about something:  why does the score simulator give me a score of 672 if I pay down $38 of my total revolving balance every month for 24 months, but I only get a 652 if I pay it in one month??  I totally understand that the simulator should be taken at face value and it is by no means 100% reality, but I was just curious.  

Thanks!  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Score simulation?

I may be wrong, but I believe that 24 month period also factors the aging and on-time payments you only get with time. 

I am in finance at a automobile dealer and I tell customers all the time nothing and nobody can fix your credit but time and money. It has to age or season with on time payments and you have to pay your debts. So I believe that simulator is factoring that in. 

And for the record I'm in the same boat. Sometimes feeling like I'm swimming upstream. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sandman!  

The aging thing makes sense now that you said it.  I'm just going to keep paying on time and keep my utilization low and keep fighting the good fight.  It does seem like we are swimming upstream.  It makes me so tired sometimes- constantly thinking about credit reports and scores and reporting dates and utilization and the number of red things and not enough green things....

Message 3 of 4
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

The other option you have is to pay it off in one month give up the 10 point difference and then you let them age and the reduced Utilization should boost you some as well as the aging with low account balances. It may be better in the long runs as the low utilizations after say 6 months lets you get credit limit increases or other stuff in your profile. Not knowing the whole store but if I could swing it,I'd go ahead and pay it all and use the AZEO plan. Pay them all to zero except one card showing about 9% balance when it reports. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.