Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score up from 550 to 610 since september

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score up from 550 to 610 since september

Hey guy's

Just wanted to let you guys know that in September my FICO was at 550. Since my FICO has risen up to 610! The credit cards I have, I pay them in full every month. This month I am not going to use them at all to see if my score rises even more.

Current balances on cards:

Discover IT Secured - $600 limit, overpaid by accident, account is at -$6 lol

Capital One Secured - $200 limit, $4 balance

First Premier- $400 limit, $3.28 balance

Citi Secured Card- $300 limit - $0 balance

Fingerhut - $400 limit, 0 balance

Credit One - $450 limit, $8 balance

On top of paying these off in full, I have a loan through ford which is an additional $319 a month.

Now my question is, how much longer until I get approved for some real credit cards? Not the secured ones, or Credit One/First Premier crap. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score up from 550 to 610 since september

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guy's

Just wanted to let you guys know that in September my FICO was at 550. Since my FICO has risen up to 610! The credit cards I have, I pay them in full every month. This month I am not going to use them at all to see if my score rises even more.

Current balances on cards:

Discover IT Secured - $600 limit, overpaid by accident, account is at -$6 lol

Capital One Secured - $200 limit, $4 balance

First Premier- $400 limit, $3.28 balance

Citi Secured Card- $300 limit - $0 balance

Fingerhut - $400 limit, 0 balance

Credit One - $450 limit, $8 balance

On top of paying these off in full, I have a loan through ford which is an additional $319 a month.

Now my question is, how much longer until I get approved for some real credit cards? Not the secured ones, or Credit One/First Premier crap. 

Apply for an unsecured Cap One card. If approved immediately apply for a second card.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends do you have any baddies? How many inquiries do yiu have?Check out the cap onr prequal site and see what they recommend and dont forget to apply for both the QS and Platinum @ the same time. Us bank prequal site be on point.
Message 3 of 4
elim
Senior Contributor

Did you get all the cards in September?  Usually 6 months is good for a step. Check Cap1 prequal every week and do as Norman says... Get 2 cards back to back in an attempt to obtain both with 1 round of HP's.  They can be combined in 6 months after a couple CLI's.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.