Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score watch alert.....

tag
hardworker77
Contributor

Score watch alert.....

Just got an email from Scorewatch and my fico has dropped 9 points. Not really sure but I had an old auto loan from a buy here pay here lot, I traded their car back in Feb 2006, and it was still being reported on my CR every month as paid as agreed. Did I mention that it was double reporting basically one account saying closed  and the other as stated above. Well the open account finally got deleted the other day. Does anyone think that is why my FICO dropped? Basically it looked like I was paying 2 car loans on my credit file. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks....  
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score watch alert.....

I'd pull your EQ report from somewhere. SW alerts don't show the full picture. The cause could be any number of things like utilization change, rebucketing, dropped accounts that could have been helping your score, etc. If the dropped loan was the only factor, it could have increased or decreased your score. Depends on a number of factors, but if it was one of your oldest accounts, then losing that account could have hurt your score.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.