Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score went UP!

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Score went UP!

Soo today I received an update from myFICO and I figured it was to say my score went down from hard inquiries trying to get a secured card but not it went UP 18 points!

I have no clue why,  I disputed two collections but I haven't received a final notice on that yet and I GW'd a charge off but again I haven't received anything back about that.  AHH I want to know why LOL I think I'm going to wait until I get the disputes answered and then pay for my transunion. 

So excited! Smiley Very Happy

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score went UP!

It went up because you added revolving credit and/or you lowered your utilization rate by increasing your overall credit. The goal is to use 7%-10% of your availbale credit.

Message 2 of 5
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

No, I don't have any credit or credit cards at all, I was denied all secured cards LOL

Message 3 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Strange, but congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 5
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

After updated credit karma this morning my score on there jumped a whopping 44 points!  I know this is fako but it is still improvement!

Two collections were deleted off and hopefully stay off is why the score change happened.  I'm VERY happy about this. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.