cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

tag
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

@Anonymous wrote:

@wahmom wrote:
So why would the scores be different between SW and SP?

Did you log in to look at your alerts? Maybe the scorewatch was from a few days ago? I have only ever received ONE scorewatch alert even though there have been tons of changes on my reports, so I'm not a good judge. But, I know the alert I did get, was several days behind. So, maybe scorewatch gave you a score from a few days back, and when you pulled your report you got your most current?

The scorewatch was from today. I just signed in and saw it, I didn't get an email. It said I had 2 alerts. One was my score was changed to 510 and the other was the current status change on that account.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argh, I have no idea then. I don't find this scorewatch product to be accurate or effective at all. It's very disappointing. Sorry, I can't be of any help.
Message 12 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

UpUpUp, thanks for your replies. I'm just finishing up with the 30 day trial to SW and I guess this will decide whether I keep it or not. EQ is DH's lowest score and is the one that most of our tl's report to so I was excited to find a product that I could monitor that with. I just wish it was reliable.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You and me both.  I actually signed up for the monthly plan and you are required to pay for 3 months before you can cancel. I am only on month number 2 now, so I'm stuck.  I know none of them are perfect, but I have not had any reliability with ScoreWatch. Unfortunately! 
Message 14 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Maybe a dumb question but will there/ should there be a difference in the score between Score Power and MyFico? I would buy myFico just to see the difference because right now I'm clueless. But I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to especially since I just purchased the score power report.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there should be a difference in the score power and if you pulled a regular myFico.  One of the reasons I assume they are the exact same thing is because when you go into "my purchases" you can see a list of all the myFico reports you have ever purchased/pulled.  All of my Score Power reports are included in that list and you can't tell the difference. I think it would probably be a waste of money if you purchased another report. I'd expect those 2 to be the same.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI - just pulled my power report and I had an increase in score, granted it was only 1 point, but still. Never received an alert. Another wasted power report!
Message 17 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I truly thought the purpose of SW was to alert you of score changes (hence the name Score Watch). I wish it monitored your report all of the time and sent you alerts instantly when your score changed. I know your score varies all of the time because of different reporting time but it would be nice to know.

Especially if you get fortunate enough for your score to be really high at one point, then you could take advantage of that and apply for something you might need. But this way you never know until you pay for the scores.
Message 18 of 20
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Just got a SW Alert. Check this out!

This e-mail is to notify you that the following changes have occurred on your credit file:

* a change to an existing account
* target credit score reached

How in the world has my target credit score been reached. I had my target set to 1 point over the current score which was 545. Unbelievable.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

some serious, serious drugs, makes you think that you are going a little nutty doesnt it  Smiley Surprised
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.