Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-10-2008
0

ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

[ Edited ]
Ok, I'm about to go mad. As of 7/4/08 according to Scorewatch DH EQ fico was 545. On 7/5/08 I received notification from EQ that our dispute was complete. All 3 CA's were deleted and LVNV was deleted (it wasn't showing as CA). There are no more CA's on the report. I thought this would bring the score up significantly. The accounts were from 06 and late 07.

At the same time my installment account updated and they totally screwed it up. The payment history for 2008 is Jan. 30 days, Feb. 30 days, March, April & May is ok. They reported for the month of May in July. So they are always a month behind. But they changed the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due. Which is a lie because the account is current. I have receipts to prove it.

Ok with that background information (sorry it was so long). I checked EQ Scorewatch today and it says that DH score is now 510. OMG!!! So I ordered a Scorepower report to see what happened. The length of credit history is the same, the negative accounts were gone so the report of Scorepower was correct but it says score is 538.

Any ideas as to the difference in scores? If scorepower is correct, wouldn't removing all of those negative accounts help somehow? Would ordering from myFico give me a different score?

Message Edited by wahmom on 07-06-2008 02:21 PM
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 407
Registered: ‎07-03-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

Does the length of credit history have anything to do with the drops?  Did it change the average account age?  I'm getting ready to do a bunch of DVs, GWs, etc., this coming week (need stamps on payday) and am concerned about the same thing.
 
If there's one thing I can't afford here, it's a DROP in scores!!
I'm here because I decided to stop hiding from my FICOS, CAs and OCs ~ and man, do I feel freer!

"We can forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." ~Plato
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,126
Registered: ‎03-25-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

Is the late still showing on your report? How much time had passed from the SW alert and the time you used your pull? Do you have a bk or other lates still on your report?
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,126
Registered: ‎03-25-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?



WhatzUrPlan wrote:
Does the length of credit history have anything to do with the drops?  Did it change the average account age?  I'm getting ready to do a bunch of DVs, GWs, etc., this coming week (need stamps on payday) and am concerned about the same thing.
 
If there's one thing I can't afford here, it's a DROP in scores!!


Collections don't count in your average age....if you had closed or open tradelines (not in collections) removed that would impact your age.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-10-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

The average account age did not change. Yes the lates from jan & feb are still showing but they were showing before. The only thing they changed is the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due and the balance is $330 less than before.

The time between pulls was about 30-45 minutes. I do have a dismissed CH 13 BK from 12/98. Yes there are other lates showing on the report but they were also there before.
Valued Member
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

Equifax is on some serious drugs.. they have messed up so many things just over this weekend for alot of people...check some other posts and you will see..Im sending a nasty nasty letter off to them tomorrow
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,126
Registered: ‎03-25-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?



wahmom wrote:
The average account age did not change. Yes the lates from jan & feb are still showing but they were showing before. The only thing they changed is the current status from pays as agreed to 30-59 days past due and the balance is $330 less than before.

The time between pulls was about 30-45 minutes. I do have a dismissed CH 13 BK from 12/98. Yes there are other lates showing on the report but they were also there before.


In this case I do not know if removing the collections would drastically improve your score. You of course want to dispute your account status, but if you still have lates with only 6 months of age and a bankruptcy on your report you are still placed in a negative bucket. When your bk drops off I expect you to be in a more positive bucket (even one with 90+ lates is better) and your scores should start to rise as your lates age. After 2 years minor lates hurt your score much less, though 90+ lates take longer to lose their bite.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-10-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?

So why would the scores be different between SW and SP?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 258
Registered: ‎06-10-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?


debtisgood wrote:
In this case I do not know if removing the collections would drastically improve your score. You of course want to dispute your account status, but if you still have lates with only 6 months of age and a bankruptcy on your report you are still placed in a negative bucket. When your bk drops off I expect you to be in a more positive bucket (even one with 90+ lates is better) and your scores should start to rise as your lates age. After 2 years minor lates hurt your score much less, though 90+ lates take longer to lose their bite.





The BK was bogus and EQ is the only one still reporting after fighting them for years! We went to the attorney and filled out the initial papers but we changed our minds and decided to handle our debt ourselves. We never went to court, we never had a court date. EX & TU deleted it years ago. It shows as $0 liabilities, $0 Asset Amount, $0 Exempt Amount. EQ refuses to delete before the 10 year mark.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,017
Registered: ‎06-03-2008
0

Re: ScoreWatch vs ScorePower Different Score?



wahmom wrote:
So why would the scores be different between SW and SP?


Did you log in to look at your alerts? Maybe the scorewatch was from a few days ago? I have only ever received ONE scorewatch alert even though there have been tons of changes on my reports, so I'm not a good judge. But, I know the alert I did get, was several days behind. So, maybe scorewatch gave you a score from a few days back, and when you pulled your report you got your most current?
 
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.