Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores Stuck --- Any Suggestions???

tag
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Scores Stuck --- Any Suggestions???

So it seems like I have hit a plateau in my rebuilding.  I have brought my scores up to TU 644, EQ 665, EXP 720.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get them all over 700 would be helpful.

Credit Cards (Open):

Amex          Balance $620  / Credit Limit $2000     Opened 09/08     Never Late

Juniper        Balance $0     /  Credit Limit $400       Opened 01/08     Never Late

WAMU        Balance $225 /  Credit Limit $2000     Opened 05/08     Never Late

WAMU        Balance $680 /  Credit Limit $3500     Opened 12/07     Never Late

Citi              Balance $333 /  Credit Limit $5350     Opened 12/07     Never Late

HSBC         Balance $0     /  Credit Limit $2400     Opened 11/07     Never Late

HSBC         Balance $0     /  Credit Limit $1450     Opened 03/04     Never Late

Credit Cards (Closed):

Chase          Paid Chargeoff          DOFD     2003

Sears          Multiple Lates            Most Recent Late     2005

Cap One      Paid Chargeoff           DOFD     2003

Installment Loans:

Unsecured Loan          Balance $2500     Opened 06/08     Never Late

Unsecured Loan          Balance $950       Opened 12/07     Never Late

Student Loan              Balance $2200      Opened 11/06     1 - 60 Day Late 07/08

Student Loan              Balance $1800      Opened 11/06     1 - 60 Day Late 07/08

WFFinance                Balance $0            Settled Chargeoff     Due to Fall Off 06/2009

No Collections

Judgments

Judgment #1     Paid     Due to Drop Off in 03/2010

Judgment #2     Paid     Due to Drop Off in 03/2010

Judgment #3     Paid     Due to Drop Off in 05/2015

Thanks in advance for the help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores Stuck --- Any Suggestions???

1. Pay your open CCs tp 1-9% UTL...

2. Send Sears a GW letter for removal of the lates...

3. Send GW letter for the 2 student loan accounts...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SEARS

P.O. Box 6189

Sioux Falls, SD 57117

Date

Regarding: Account #

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter regarding my experience with Sears that is a mixture of an appreciative “thank-you” and an urgent request concerning a Sears Credit Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have reworked. Currently I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies.

According to my credit report, I have 2 30 day lates from May 2003 and March 2006. These late payments were due to my financial hardships and I do apologize. I don’t say this to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that this is not a good indicator of my credit worthiness.

I received the Sears Card in 2002 and during that time I enjoyed the experience; this was one of the first credit cards I have ever had. It is my sincere hope that Sears is willing to work with me on erasing both of these marks off my credit reports. All I can do is hope you will adjust the late payments which will help my credit score. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Although I no longer maintain a Sears Card, I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Sears, and I beg for such consideration. Please let me know if you need any addition paperwork that will help in you decision of this matter. I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Very Sincerely,

This letter worked for my wifes cousin...just substitue your lates...

Message 3 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Sly,

Thanks for the suggestion and letter.  How many points do you think I might receive from paying down the balances on the CC's?

Do you know of anyone having luck GW'ing Student Loans?  I have sent them letters but they haven't even responded let alone tell me no.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read that you can get anywhere from 10-15 pts...per 10% UTL you decrease by...of couse individual and overall UTL determeines that...but you should see some type of increase...

I personally have not seen ANY luck with GWing Federal Student Loans...but have seen people have success with Private Student Loans...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 01-06-2009 04:59 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to slyhouse's recommendations, I would say keep more than half the cards reporting zero balances.  Most people see optimal points when less than half report a balance.  Not to say you can't use them all, but you could pay most of them off immediately after using them so they don't report balances.  This probably won't net you a whole ton of points but might be good for an extra 5 or 10 if you're applying for a loan or something.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.