Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores are stuck- can they improve?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores are stuck- can they improve?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again to all who have helped. I'm not sure how to directly reply to an individual's comment- I thought I did but it didn't turn out right. I took the Cap One advice and was instantly approved for the Quicksilver One card today with a $3,000 limit! I was then immediately denied the Platinum card. ny idea why that is? Maybe because I just was approved for the other, or do the two cards have different qualification criteria! I am nervous about how this approval and denial will affect my scores, and am rossing my fingers that it indeed only counts as one pull! Ultimmately, I am feeling pretty good that I was finally approved for an unsecured line after all this time- proof that I am definitely heading in the right direction! I will also attempt to GW the USAA card and PDF the AFNI account, and hopefully that will push me over 700. Should I as for an increase in my CL for my US Bank card that was just graduated to unsecured last month, or give that some time?

Thanks again!

This seems to be occurring more frequently - its usually one of two reasons: 1 - their app system sees an "in process application" even though the previous app was approved, or 2 - for whatever unknown reason they want to verify your personal info. Give them a call in a day or two and see if they can let you know which it was, or just wait for their email notification.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What wonderful, encouraging advice from everyone. I definitely noticed that the one month I carried a high balance on my card, the score dropped 26 points! I'll expect to me one big purchase on the new card amd pay it off, but leave around 8-9% on my other account. I will report back and let you knownif/how my scores change once this new account reports to the bureaus! And for now I suppose I will hold off on the CLI request from my other account. I've been very gun-shy with rebuilding, as I don't want to make a wrong move!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to be occurring more frequently - its usually one of two reasons: 1 - their app system sees an "in process application" even though the previous app was approved, or 2 - for whatever unknown reason they want to verify your personal info. Give them a call in a day or two and see if they can let you know which it was, or just wait for their email notification.

Wanted to update you all with a few tidbits of info. I received a letter as to why I was denied the Cap One Platinum card, and it's as you described: " there is currently a pending or recently processed application with Capital One". Should I call them and ask them to reconsider the Platinum card? They stated that this would not affect my credit score. With that being said, my Experian score went down 6 points with the Cap One inquiry (presumably the Quicksilver card I was approved for). Scores are fickle, and I give up trying to understand them, haha!

Also, would it be wise to ask for a credit limit increase on my existing US Bank card that was recently unsecured?

Thanks again!

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wanted to update you all with a few tidbits of info. I received a letter as to why I was denied the Cap One Platinum card, and it's as you described: " there is currently a pending or recently processed application with Capital One". Should I call them and ask them to reconsider the Platinum card? They stated that this would not affect my credit score. With that being said, my Experian score went down 6 points with the Cap One inquiry (presumably the Quicksilver card I was approved for). Scores are fickle, and I give up trying to understand them, haha!

Also, would it be wise to ask for a credit limit increase on my existing US Bank card that was recently unsecured?

Thanks again!

Just re-apply.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.