cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores different depending on score model??

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

Re: Scores different depending on score model??

I sent the below  letter to each creditor listed above. can you guys tell me if this is the correct letter to use??

October 1, 2014

Regarding: Master Account No.  Credit Bureau Number

Gulf Coast Collection Bureau

PO Box 21239

Sarasota, FL 34276

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with Gulf Coast that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a Collection  tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

I became ill with internal tumors. Later when I experienced the tumors and while working on dealing with treatment and surgeries I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with Gulf Coast. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with Gulf Coast in regards to my hospital bills since that time.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the collection  entry -- are excellent.

We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the collection notation from  Gulf Coast  may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status because I have paid this debt in full  with Gulf Coast , I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption at  Gulf Coast  and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

How can I use that link in regards to Midland? I will check out the HIPPA stuff. Thank you

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

"revising those tradelines."

Ooooh, wrong phrase to use there. They most certainly will come back with "Federal law requires us to report *accurately* blah blah blah". You want to stress your request is to "remove or stop reporting the tradelines earlier than required". The word 'revising' indicates reporting something not factual which is clearly not legal. What you want is for them to NOT REPORT AT ALL. 

Message 13 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

Ok thank you. I will revise my letter. How often should I be sending these letters?

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got Midland to delete a T-Mobile collection from my reports. File a CEPB and BBB complaint if they have done anything shady or if there were any inaccuracies about the debt. CEPB really seems to do the trick though.

Message 15 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

Can u tell me how I can file a CEPD?

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that should be CFPB - Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.

Message 17 of 18
blackswan22
New Contributor

Hi can you give me more info on how to do the filing to get midland removed from my credit report?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.