Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores dropped 40 points

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Scores dropped 40 points

I just feel so defeated, I don't think my income is good enough to ever repair this mess. All negs will fall off this yr, have 5 CC that a yr ago seemed impossible. My dog had emergent surgery and I maxed out. How should I pay this off and buy a home!! So depressed
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Scores dropped 40 points

Don't get discouraged!

As I've read here a ton, utilization is only a snapshot in time.

I get wanting to buy a home but it's more important to have control of your finances first. So it's probably a good that you hold off on that. Owning a home is so much more than making the mortgage payment. There's always some unexpected expense.

Hang in there.
NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scores dropped 40 points

Sbrooks1 wrote:
I just feel so defeated, I don't think my income is good enough to ever repair this mess. All negs will fall off this yr, have 5 CC that a yr ago seemed impossible. My dog had emergent surgery and I maxed out. How should I pay this off and buy a home!! So depressed

Thats EXACTLY what credit cards are for - Emergencies. Just keep paying and working down the balance. You'll get there. You might also look at my "repayment strategy'

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Credit-Card-repayment-strategy/m-p/4432567#M4...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.