Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores increase as baddies age off?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Scores increase as baddies age off?

Do scores increase as baddies age off? I know that their impact is less because they are old but do they matter towards the end of their reporting? I have a couple of foreclosures and late credit card payments from before I filed for BK.  They will be starting to age off soon.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scores increase as baddies age off?

@masscredit wrote:

Do scores increase as baddies age off? I know that their impact is less because they are old but do they matter towards the end of their reporting? I have a couple of foreclosures and late credit card payments from before I filed for BK.  They will be starting to age off soon.

If they were IIB their exclusion from your CRs most likely will not yield very much, the real killer is the BK that is on file. You can look at my scores, TU has a dismissed BK reporting, it hits 10 yrs in Feb and will be gone but you can clearly see the FICO difference between the bureaus with and without the BK on file. My TU has been range bound 710-723 for years while the other 2 Ficos have soared.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Two major factors...

1.  Whether the derog is a major or minor derog.  Monthly delinquencies of 90+ days are major derogs, as are charge-offs, collections, and public records.

2.  What other major derogs remain once another derog becomes excluded.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had 4 medical collections deleted recently and only got 10 increase from EQ so old accounts have pretty much no effect on score

Message 4 of 5
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it's just a few points that make the differece. My EQ04 score was stuck at 699 for the longest time. I was wanted that one point! And now it's just over 700.

Most of my derogs before the BK are 90+ days.  The biggest is a foreclosure that is currently reporting wrong on my EX (lowest score). They show payments for that as good until December of last year then forclosed in January. That actually happened in March of '09 and the first late payment was in Dec of '07.  It's not listed on my EQ and TU reports. Probably why those scores are higher. I have at least ten 90+ day late accounts that will fall off over the next 12 months. 

Besides those and the BK, I have 6 tax liens. They all don't report on all reports. I just paid the two state liens. I'm probably going to be stuck with those being listed for 7 years. I think I'd be doing better if those weren't on my reports. I'll work on the Federal next. 

For now it's time that will help my scores and I'm hoping the baddies aging off will be part of that.  

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.