Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scores increased but have no idea why!

tag
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Scores increased but have no idea why!

Got 2  alerts recently....On 6/1/2013 I got a scorewatch alert that my EQ score increased 31 points...woo hoo! and on 6/3/2013 got an alert from Transunion Quarterly Monitoring that my TU score increased 46 points...woo hoo again!! but I have no idea why.  I can't see where anything was deleted or anything derogatory or positive added. Transunion Quarterly Monitoring gives this explanation: 

You have a new positive factor helping your score:                                        "You've limited the use of your available credit."                                                          

•     You no longer have a negative factor hurting your score:                                        "You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit."                                                          
  •     You no longer have a negative factor hurting your score:                                        "You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.

Scorewatch gives this reason:

You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

The only thing that has been added recently is a personal loan that I got from NFCU for $14,000 but that wouldn't trigger those reasons I don't think.  I'm puzzled, but I'll take it Smiley Happy

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.