Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring question (help.)

tag
elleng81
Contributor

Scoring question (help.)

Hello. I have a couple questions on my FICO TU score (and my score in general...). My TU FICO score that I pulled was 17 points higher than the one a broker pulled on the same day (bummer!) but i believe that is because he used this version: FICORisk Score Classic 04. My question is one of the bullets under my score was this - Too many consumer finance company accounts (Code:006). I had never seen that before? It has never been mentioned on any of my 'score analyses' provided by this site, CK, CS etc. I only have one (what I assume to be) open consumer finance account with a company called World Finance. It is a joint loan with my husband dated from 2/12 that has been paid perfectly. Do you think this is because we have several closed accounts with this company dating back to 2004 that report on my credit report?

The only other accounts that I have on my report are a car loan (WFDS - 2 30 day lates in 11/11 and 12/11), 4 CCs (paid perfectly and are sitting at a combined 9% - but haven't reported yet this month... urgh.), SL with SunTrust (paid fine), 4 defaulted SLs that are in rehab so they are reporting derogatory and KILLING my score (they are being reported twice... once by FedLoan and once by Dept of ED... so it shows i have 8 defaulted loans... 4 with a $0 balance), and a CO from 2011 with HFC that we settled for less than the balance (HELOC) in 2012 (shows a $0 balance with the note that we paid for less after CO).Per myFico I am at a TU 629 and a EQ 588. Per my broker I was at a TU 612, EQ 588, EX 582.  I don't really know what else I can do at this point to raise my scores... I am pretty sure my SLs are going to be the death of me.

Any help or input (or just words of encouragement at this point...) is appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Scoring question (help.)

You are correct that most Brokers pull TU04 and this site gives you your TU98 fico score. The TU score my Loan Officer pulled this month was 16 pts higher than the TU fico on this site. My EQ fico matched up exactly with what the broker pulled and I see that you got the same result.

How long have you been in SL rehab?

You can try to good will the charge offs for deletion. I'm sure others will offer up ideas to get your credit scores up. I mainly wanted to address your concerns with the different scoring between what you and your broker pulled.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 5
elleng81
Contributor

Woo hoo! just got a ScoreWatch update saying my score went up to 595! It didn't give a reason though. I am assuming one of my CC's reported a lower balance... now I need to stop myself from buying a new report to see what reported...

Message 3 of 5
westo12
Established Contributor

Do you use Credit Karma/Credit Sesame/Quizzle?  They will show you for free whenever changes to your report happen.  Ignore the Fako scores though.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 4 of 5
elleng81
Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

Do you use Credit Karma/Credit Sesame/Quizzle?  They will show you for free whenever changes to your report happen.  Ignore the Fako scores though.

I do use CK and CS to show me the changes... but sometimes I feel like those can be hit and miss? One day my car note will be on CK and the next day it is gone...  And my TU score from CK is 70 points lower than my TU Fico score... So I tend to be depressed when I log in and see such a low number Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.