Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed by mother

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screwed by mother

6 months ago I became a cosigner with my Mother.

Due to some issues, I had to leave my job. The original verbal agreement was that I pay half of the mortgage plus power and water.

When we started with the loan, she denied this, and started to take my money without counting, and then tells me tha I am useless

and that I do not contribute. 

Today the situation has not changed. There is no cohabitation or property agreement. She takes my money, insults me and stresses me

all the time. Still I worked in some part time and between my part time jobs and unemployment. My income has not diminished compared

to other years.

Hi everybody, sorry I got carried away with my story.

What can I do. Can I claim fraud because she does not respect the original agreement and be removed from the loan.

Or is there any other way to do it.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Screwed by mother

original[1].gif

Message 2 of 16
gibeon
Established Contributor

Wait, what?

Why does she have access to your money?

Can you remove her access from your money?

Can you open a new bank account and deposit money there?

Did you cosign a loan for your mother, or did she cosign a loan for you? Or are you joint applicants?

Is the loan the mortgage you reference?

Have you thought of firing your mother? Sometimes it is the only way.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 16
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

dead.GIF

Message 4 of 16
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@elim wrote:

original[1].gif

original[1].giforiginal[1].gif

I second that

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!

Message 6 of 16
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I would say some of the details are missing on this one.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

6 months ago I became a cosigner with my Mother.

Due to some issues, I had to leave my job. The original verbal agreement was that I pay half of the mortgage plus power and water.

When we started with the loan, she denied this, and started to take my money without counting, and then tells me tha I am useless

and that I do not contribute. 

Today the situation has not changed. There is no cohabitation or property agreement. She takes my money, insults me and stresses me

all the time. Still I worked in some part time and between my part time jobs and unemployment. My income has not diminished compared

to other years.

Hi everybody, sorry I got carried away with my story.

What can I do. Can I claim fraud because she does not respect the original agreement and be removed from the loan.

Or is there any other way to do it.

I'm sorry Michael that you are going through this.  There are some additional questions that we have regarding this issue-

1) Do you have copies of the original loan documents?

2) Does your mother have access to your personal bank account or is it a joint account?

3) How old are you?

4) Are you still in school?  Some universities provide students will access to the law department for consultations on legal issues.

As others have suggested, it sounds as if you need to open up a separate bank account and deposit your money there.  This is one of those situations that requires you to seek advice with an attorney.  I wish I could say that there is a quick fix, but there isn't.  By obtaining the advice of a attorney, he/she can navigate this situation and hopefully offer up solutions that will work for you.  Good luck.  Keep your chin up-and continue to work toward making your future better. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar agreement. I've learned to only give checks and in the memo I breakdown the amount and name for each bill.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes family will screw you worse than any stranger.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.