Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed myself over big time. Any help would be greatly appreciated

tag
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Screwed myself over big time. Any help would be greatly appreciated

To make a long story short. I didn't have an income or job for 6 months and I was really in a rut. I was unable to make payments for close to 6 months. My chase credit cards, first niagara line of credit and another one I can't recall have been closed, and my fico scored dropped from a high of 750 to 605 (transunion) I need help to get back on my feet. Chase is not going to reopen the account that are closed.  I need urgent help on how I can get my life back on track and improve my credit score. I am 26 years old and I recently got a decent job and now I am able to pay off some cards but I took a massive hit.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Re: Screwed myself over big time. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I had 3 accounts that have gone into charge off or in the process of being charged off and I just recently got a job and able to make some payments. What can I do to build my credit and bring it to a level respectable where I can at least be able to finance a car? Is there a way to take a charge off your account?

Message 2 of 8
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

If they've not been reported as charged off yet you may be able to offer them a PIF in exchange for them reporting as paid closed instead. If a charge off is already on your CR then try to set up payments to the OC before they send to CA or sell the account. Or if you're in a position to pay in full then same as above. Good luck
Message 3 of 8
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Thanks for the quick response. i will try and find out what the status of those accounts are. How long realistically will it take to be able to get to 700's? is a year's time unrealistic, if I'm able to make payments and reduce my debt and perhaps even get new credit cards?

Message 4 of 8
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

People has done it before and I'll not say you can't do it and by what you posted above it doesn't seem like you have an awful lot of bad on your CR. I would shoot for around 18 months. You have to remember....rebuilding is a marathon...not a sprint...so if you shoot for 18 months and do it in a year then hey...way to go! You know what I mean? Not meant an discouragement at all...just adding a little wiggle room.
Message 5 of 8
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Also if you have a local cu you can join...see if they offer a secured card. Get a couple positive reporting trade lines while your fixing other things. Good luck
Message 6 of 8
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your help. I will look into a opening a card with a local credit union and see what happens. I have a $4500 credit limit with Dell and it's time for me to upgrade my computer, I've been using the same one for over 6 years lol and do you think it would help rebuild my credit to finance a computer through dell and pay it off?

Message 7 of 8
gsxr600k6
Valued Member

The Credit cards that were charged off are as follows

First Niagra personal line of credit

Wells Fargo

Wells fargo checking account

Yes I had no income for a long period of time and I was unable to make my payments. It is not the end of the world but I need to know if I can have the deliniqunces removed. I made a payment arrangement with Chase and First Niagara to make payments per month to pay off the balance. I opted out of a settlement as I heard it's almost bad as having a bankrupcty on your record plus I don't have the lump cash to pay for the balances.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.