Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sdfcu secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sdfcu secured card

When applying for the sdfcu secured card, does applying to the actual credit union affect your credit? I am in the process of doing so, but it appears as though I am required to open a savings account, which is obvious but is there a chance I get denied for the savings account? Or am i looking to deep into it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sdfcu secured card

@Anonymous wrote:

When applying for the sdfcu secured card, does applying to the actual credit union affect your credit? I am in the process of doing so, but it appears as though I am required to open a savings account, which is obvious but is there a chance I get denied for the savings account? Or am i looking to deep into it?

It's possible to be denied membership to a credit union or any bank for that matter.  

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The usual reason for denial of membership is not score related, its because you are listed in Chexsystem for a bad checking account. And its a soft pull, so it won't affect you in any way.

Message 3 of 10
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

This is true, no where on my credit reports does SDFCU appear as a INQ. If you are in the Chex System then yes you'll get bounced/rejected. My card came in the mail today! 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI: I just applied to SDFCU last month and they did a hard INQ on EX for secured card. The card does report as secured.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did Not open checking account. I have no need for it.
Message 6 of 10
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FYI: I just applied to SDFCU last month and they did a hard INQ on EX for secured card. The card does report as secured.

Did you apply online or by phone? I have heard if you apply online they will do a pull of EX (they use EX exclusively) but not by phone. I applied by phone.

Message 7 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

When i applied over the phone, I joined the credit union, for both checking and savings accounts, and the unsecured credit card. I had to email a copy of the paperwork and two paystubs.

I was originally declined for the card, but it was approved after I made a recon call.

I actually enjoy using this credit union.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I actually enjoy using this credit union."

I like that their online interface can show my accounts from other banks, and I can use it to transfer funds between them.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online for savings acct. Then called to app for secured card.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.