Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for information

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Searching for information

If you filed a dispute, and it was revolved by way of verification of the accuracy, then you have completed the normal dispute process.

Filing aa renewed dispute, either by way of the CRA or directly with the debt collector, requires that you provide some additional documentation supporting your dispute, or else it can be dismissed without any investigation as "frivlolous or irrelevant."

One  of the aspects of either dispute process is that it is not a full, legal disclosure by both sides of all evidence, with a third party evaluation of the evidence and rendering of a decision.

If you disagree with their verification, then you can bring civil action to compel them to disclose all relevant evidence in their possession, and get a binding review of all facts.

A complaint with the CFPB will not usually result in their decision to bring legal actin on your behalf.  Unless your complaint documents some clear violation of a provision of the FCRA or FDCPA, a complaint to the CFPB is unlikely to result in a review of differences in opinion as to the evidence.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I was on with a lady in the dispute department at EXN and I asked if I could get a copy of the documents and she said there isn't any documents. They just submit a dispute asking the companies to verify the disputed information and once they get an answer from them they got by that. She told me to contact them or get copies of my band records and dispute the items with proof.

Message 12 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is EXN the debt collector, or are you referring to Experian?

If they are saying that any documentation you provded was not forwarded with your dispute, such as by use of only an e-Oscar check form, that is contrary to the recent directive issued by the CFPB that the CRAs are expected to forward all documentation.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am talking about Experian

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't sent any documents to the CRAs, I filed a dispute without documents. I have lost a lot of important documents a couple of years ago. So now I'm trying to retreive records from my banks and OC.

Message 15 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't sent any documents to the CRAs, I filed a dispute without documents. I have lost a lot of important documents a couple of years ago. So now I'm trying to retreive records from my banks and OC.

Okay. but to do this you would not involve Experian or any other CRA.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.