Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears/CBNA ancient account negatives

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sears/CBNA ancient account negatives SEARS/CBNA

Same thing happened to many other people on this board including myself.  It seems Citi changed the way it was reporting accounts that had been in a debt management plan.  Thought someone said they were correcting it, as many people including myself already had ours corrected.  Dispute with the credit bureaus, Citi sucks!  Doubt you will get anywhere with them.  If date of last activity is 2008, than they can't currently report you as 120 days late.  It's an obvious error.  Dispute it!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 11 of 15
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

here is the thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Citi-card-paid-off-and-now-reporting-wrong/td...

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 12 of 15
skirkpatrick1979

I have this same issue.  It was just reported to my Equifax report two days ago, but the account was paid off in March.  They are saying it is because I broke the terms, but they agreed to the new terms.  

Message 13 of 15
jayac

Does anyone have contact info for Sears/CBNA they can PM me?

Message 14 of 15
skirkpatrick1979

If you are fighting CBNA...  Good LUCK!  It took me over 2 months to get this cleared up.  Here is what you do,

File a dispute with CBNA, it will get you no where, but it is the first step.

Then, file a dispute with the credit bureaus, also, this will lead no where but it is a progression of steps.

File a complaint with the New York BBB.  Citibank SD.  This will also not get you results.

Finally, so they know you mean business, file a complaint with the FTCs consumer financial protection bureau http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

That is what did it for me.  

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.