cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears GW finally paid off, THANK YOU, Sears!!!

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Sears GW finally paid off, THANK YOU, Sears!!!

After several GW letters, then getting a dispute comment added, then more letters asking them to remove THAT, Sears finally deleted the whole tradeline!  I checked both EX and EQ and it is G-O-N-E.  That leaves me with 2 accounts showing 90+ days late, one of which will fall off the end of this year. Happy Dance! Ahhhh, the highs and lows of credit rebuilding...

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears GW finally paid off, THANK YOU, Sears!!!

That's Awesome thankfulheart.

I Wish you the Best with the other two.

If I may ask, who are the other two creditors that are listing the 90 days?

Message 2 of 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Let's all happy dance with thankfulheart dancing 2.gif

Congrats to YOU, keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your story.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 9
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

The other 2 are Direct Loans: student loan that should have been in forbearance, but paperwork got lost, can't get them to budge on it, drops off completely in Nov. and Select Portfolio Servicing.  This one chaps my hide a bit as it was our 2nd mortgage, we were trapped in a FEMA disaster area away from home and they were total putzes from the start about working out a modification.  All they wanted to do was foreclose.  I finally worked out an agreement that we saved our house and they get all of their money and then some (kept the same interest rate, but extended the loan by 5 years).  So, I do the right thing by working it out with them and they won't help me out by reporting only what is post-disaster time.  

Before anyone jumps me on "accuracy" and all that, I get it, I really do, but in hindsight, I would have been better off to file bankruptcy.  My scores would have rebounded MUCH sooner and I could have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars, but instead, I did what I believed to be the honorable and right thing, dug out, and I'm "rewarded" by a "7 year sentence". I just think that if you pay up, do the right thing, and continue to move forward, there should be some redemption somewhere along the line.  GWs to them have fallen on deaf ears and the latest response basically told me the matter is closed and not to bother them anymore.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thankfulheart wrote:

The other 2 are Direct Loans: student loan that should have been in forbearance, but paperwork got lost, can't get them to budge on it, drops off completely in Nov. and Select Portfolio Servicing.  This one chaps my hide a bit as it was our 2nd mortgage, we were trapped in a FEMA disaster area away from home and they were total putzes from the start about working out a modification.  All they wanted to do was foreclose.  I finally worked out an agreement that we saved our house and they get all of their money and then some (kept the same interest rate, but extended the loan by 5 years).  So, I do the right thing by working it out with them and they won't help me out by reporting only what is post-disaster time.  

Before anyone jumps me on "accuracy" and all that, I get it, I really do, but in hindsight, I would have been better off to file bankruptcy.  My scores would have rebounded MUCH sooner and I could have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars, but instead, I did what I believed to be the honorable and right thing, dug out, and I'm "rewarded" by a "7 year sentence". I just think that if you pay up, do the right thing, and continue to move forward, there should be some redemption somewhere along the line.  GWs to them have fallen on deaf ears and the latest response basically told me the matter is closed and not to bother them anymore.

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that, you would think that lender might have a little compasion regarding your situation, but noooo, all they care about is $$$$$!!

If it means anything, I think you did the right and honorable thing, and to be rewarded with a seven year sentence is just absurd.

I Sincerely Wish you all the Best.

Message 5 of 9
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

YAY!!!!!!!!! 

I think sometimes it DOES take for us to just annoy them to the point they want to be done with us altogether!Smiley LOL

Either way....WE WIN!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 6 of 9
rocar83
Established Member

Hey congratulations on your removal.. Could you pm me the address you sent the letters to? Thank you in advance
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please pm me the addresses/email/numbers as well?

Message 8 of 9
Mudbugs20

Could you please PM the contact information for Sear

Thanks

Mudbugs20

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.