Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears card

tag
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Sears card

What is the proper way to handle a double report. I had a Sears card and didn't pay the balance owed. Sears reported that it was transferred to collection agency.Of course it is also on my report from the collection agency about the Sears account and money owed.  If I pay off the collection agency how do I get Sears to delete their report that it was sent to collections?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Sears card

@cjane1 wrote:
What is the proper way to handle a double report. I had a Sears card and didn't pay the balance owed. Sears reported that it was transferred to collection agency.Of course it is also on my report from the collection agency about the Sears account and money owed.  If I pay off the collection agency how do I get Sears to delete their report that it was sent to collections?

Welcome to the forum.  After you PIF the balance to the collection agency, you can send Sears a goodwill letter asking for a deletion.

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Sears card

Agree with DI, Sears maybe GW friendly, i dont know. You would have to search the forums and see if anyone had any luck with them.

It's not double reporting, it is legal for a OC and only 1 CA to report at the same time, on the same debt

Also when the OC sell the debt to a CA, the OC must report a $0 balance. 

ETA: When paying the CA, use a PFD (pay for delete) letter.That means you are willing to pay, if they are willing to delete. 

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 12-30-2009 03:51 AM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.