Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second mortgage Citi is reporting charge off for same account

tag
tonikitchen
Established Member

Second mortgage Citi is reporting charge off for same account

In 2009 I did a short sale with both first and second mortage. The short sale was accepted and home closed on Feb 2010. Citi my 2nd mortgage reported on credit report as a charge off in 12/2009 as a charge off. We disputed it becuase they were the ones who help up the short sale for so long. Our first mortgage accepted our short sale the first time we submitted paperwork. Citi gave us the run around for 8 month.

So I disputed the first charge off which I was told its accurate and they wont do anything about it. They accepted the money from the short sale and I just chalked it up as a lost for my credit.

Then I check my credit again earlier this year and my scores were on the up and up. Then I checked my report again two days ago and noticed Citi re-reported the charge as 1/2011. How can they do that? Now I have two charge offs for the same account. How can a mortgage company report two charge offs for the same account a year later? I disputed it and Equifax said its validated and accurate. Citi wont change the reporting BUT its only reported that way on Equifax but not Transunion or Experian.

Help!!! Im applying for a small business loan to open my own fitness studio and this looks really bad.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.