cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret Algorithym to raise score

tag
vincentdepaul

Secret Algorithym to raise score

My chapter 13 was discharged last month.  My credit scores are 690 and 700.  We just bought a new car, financed and I have one secured cc.  What is the best advise to increase my scores to 740?

How long will it take?

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Secret Algorithym to raise score

It's a YMMV thing,

With the CC, make sure you're only leaving a balance of 9% or less when the statement drops (not when the payment is due). If you don't know when the statement drops, call the CC company and ask.

That and time will be the 2 biggest factors in raising your score.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 4
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

I would add a store card - then you'll have 3 tradelines reporting. You can get one with a soft pull by using the shopping cart trick - just make sure it is one you'll use occasionally.
Message 3 of 4
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I had someone add me as an Authorized user on their new AMEX, this gave me 30 points then they added me to their very old WF card for 15 points and I opened a Credit builder account that gave me 34 points.
Everybody's credit is different, where I needed mainly history you may just need "healthy" credit history..Either way as an AU you get a quick fix to add points but keep in mind, of course.. YMMV.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.