New Contributor
Flatbroke_Again

Secured BofA Card

I am looking to build my scores, and eventually "score" a quality card. All i was offered was a BofA fully secured, starting at 300. Or whatever i put up. Is this a reputible deal, or would you pass, and just wait. i would certainly put up more than 300, if i was gonna try this approach, Yes, No, Maybe? What yall think.
Alcohol--Tobacco--- & Firearms
Should be a convenience store, NOT a government agency!!!
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured BofA Card

Many of the members here have gotten a secured BoA card.

After so many months they graduate you to a unsecured card and refund your deposit, if you pay on time and be good. I think it is 9 months, but maybe 12.

I also read that whatever you put on for your CL is the CL you'll get when they graduate you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Maybe you should apply for a regular card...just to get the 99/550 card...I have the fully secured card...but I wish I would have just applied for a regular card...got denied..and offered the 99/500 card...with that card..you only put up $99 dollars...and you get a $500 CL...but you have to waste an inquiry...
Moderator Emeritus

slyhouse08 wrote:
Maybe you should apply for a regular card...just to get the 99/550 card...I have the fully secured card...but I wish I would have just applied for a regular card...got denied..and offered the 99/500 card...with that card..you only put up $99 dollars...and you get a $500 CL...but you have to waste an inquiry...

Not everyone gets offered the 99/500 card. I applied for a regular CC and was only offered the fully secured.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

I didn't know that...but I did recently found out..after wasting an inquiry...that you can't have 2 secured cards with them....so if you have the fully secured card...you can't get the 99/500...i knew nothing about the 99/500 card..when I got my $500 fully secured...
Valued Contributor
Schoolbuskid

i say apply for the card with BOA because they are a prime company and will definitely grow with you if you pay on time each month! Like said before you usually get graduated to unsecured in 9-12 months. Good Luck!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+