Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card Question

tag
awash242
Contributor

Secured Card Question

I am looking into secured cards as I rebuild my credit, and I am wondering whether to get one card with a larger deposit, or should I open 2 cards, each with a lower deposit amount? Will having two different credit lines and using them responsibly be more beneficial for score improvement?

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Card Question

This question has came up before in the past in other threads or topics, and the majority of the votes was for one secured card with a large limit instead of two secured cards with lower limits.

Message 2 of 5
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

I would assume you would have good luck either way. A few years ago I took out two, one with a local credit union and one with B of A. Good experience with both.

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 3 of 5
awash242
Contributor

Thanks for the advice!
Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

This question has came up before in the past in other threads or topics, and the majority of the votes was for one secured card with a large limit instead of two secured cards with lower limits.

What was the reasoning behind this?  Thanks

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.