Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card or Secured Loan?

tag
Tersie319
New Contributor

Re: Secured Card or Secured Loan?

Thanks goosedog!  I plan to open an account at a CU tomorrow.  They offer a secured loan.  I will look into that while I'm there.  From what I read on website, the money from loan goes into a savings account until the loan is paid in full.  I like the loan/cc idea.

Scott,  the OC was CitiFinancial.  It was a raw deal.  My husband paid the account current and was told that the repo would not take place.  Didn't know what we do now.  But Citi did the repo.  I wasn't aware that it had changed to Santander until I pulled our reports last week.  It would be awesome to be able to remove it from reports as it appears on both of ours.  

Starting Score: 7/2/2013: TU 532 FAKO (CK) || 7/22/13: TU 569 FAKO
Current Score: TU 642 FAKO (CK) // EX 640 FAKO
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Card or Secured Loan?

@Tersie319 wrote:

Thanks goosedog!  I plan to open an account at a CU tomorrow.  They offer a secured loan.  I will look into that while I'm there.  From what I read on website, the money from loan goes into a savings account until the loan is paid in full.  I like the loan/cc idea.

Scott,  the OC was CitiFinancial.  It was a raw deal.  My husband paid the account current and was told that the repo would not take place.  Didn't know what we do now.  But Citi did the repo.  I wasn't aware that it had changed to Santander until I pulled our reports last week.  It would be awesome to be able to remove it from reports as it appears on both of ours.  

I got a GOOD tactic for getting that repo off Smiley Wink

I'll PM you

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.