Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Card recommendations

I’m trying to rebuild and not sure which secured card do you recommend? My husband just got a Discover it Card and was wondering if I should try for a different one.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Card recommendations

Assuming you are not rebuilding due to BK. Also, if you've burned a card in CO you may have more difficulty getting in with them.

Two links for you:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Best-Secured-Cards-that-Graduate/m-p/4912438/highlight/...

I found this article helpful also: http://www.elitepersonalfinance.com/best-secured-credit-cards-that-convert-to-unsecured/

Message 2 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Could you maybe tell us a little but more about your issue and why you're rebuilding? Like previously said, is it due to a BK? What are your scores? If it is a BK, we need to know scores and your lenders you burned.

Would help us out a great deal for some more detailed information before we can really give you advice. What kind of baddies do you have etc....

Message 3 of 8
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

I would recommend the Discover secured card. I was approved in July with a score of 572 and $200 deposit. Discover has been great! I can't wait until it becomes unsecured.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one and US bank Harley Davidson are the two I used on top of the discover it card and they are all unsecured now. Discover 7 months, Cap one 11 months, US Bank 14 months. Good luck. Dv
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have any recommendations for secured cards if you’ve burned Cap1 and Discover?

Someone mentioned OpenSky because they don’t have a credit check, but are there others for people who have burned the traditional options? Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for secured cards if you’ve burned Cap1 and Discover?

Someone mentioned OpenSky because they don’t have a credit check, but are there others for people who have burned the traditional options? Thanks!

SDFCU - State Dept Federal Credit Union or a local credit union.

Message 7 of 8
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I applied for CAPONE and got approved for two cards Quicksilver one $500 and regular MC $1000 I had them for 6 months now and got an increase so total I'm at $2250 already with them. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.