cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card to grow with me and re-build my credit.

tag
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Secured Card to grow with me and re-build my credit.

Suggestions?? I have a Capital One ($500) & Orchard Bank ($300), both unsecured, which I highly doubt will ever be anything other than what they already are. I want a foot in the door with a good company!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Amerabian
New Contributor

Re: Secured Card to grow with me and re-build my credit.

If you've been paying on time and have a good history with them, it wouldn't hurt to call and ask for a credit limit increase.

Explaining that you're just trying to build better credit might make it easier..

FICO Score: 644
NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 2 of 3
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Re: Secured Card to grow with me and re-build my credit.

@Amerabian wrote:

If you've been paying on time and have a good history with them, it wouldn't hurt to call and ask for a credit limit increase.

Explaining that you're just trying to build better credit might make it easier..

I have one late payment on Capital One in 5 years and two 30 day lates and one 60 day late for Orchard Bank. I've tried GWing them but nothing has come of it. I've heard it's very hard to get a CLI and I don't want a HP to check to see if I can get an CLI knowing with my lates and scores, I probably won't.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.