Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Cards Helped Me

tag
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Re: Secured Cards Helped Me

LS2,

Thanks for the reply. OK  - so this is news to me. Even if I close the card, it still reports for 10 years? Did I hear that right?

My secured cards are with: Public Savings Bank and Applied Bank, and the fees are CRAZY BANANAS! Yeah, I'll let my accounts age, but I refuse to get nickled and dimed. I have unsecured cards that treat me very well.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@MissExcellentCredit wrote:

LS2,

Thanks for the reply. OK  - so this is news to me. Even if I close the card, it still reports for 10 years? Did I hear that right?

My secured cards are with: Public Savings Bank and Applied Bank, and the fees are CRAZY BANANAS! Yeah, I'll let my accounts age, but I refuse to get nickled and dimed. I have unsecured cards that treat me very well.

That's correct. Closing any card won't affect your AAoA or credit length history. Here is a great thread talking about Closing Credit Cards

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 13
MissExcellentCredit
Regular Contributor

Thanks a bunch.

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.