Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit Card advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Credit Card advice

Ive read so many suggestions and really use some help here.

Im starting to get some secured CC's to help rebuild.

I just recently got a wells fargo but the limit is only 300 and they only seem to report to experian.

Can anyone recomend a good secured card that reports to all 3 with atleast the ability to have a 1000 limit, I understand its better to get a card with atleast that amount?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Credit Card advice

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive read so many suggestions and really use some help here.

Im starting to get some secured CC's to help rebuild.

I just recently got a wells fargo but the limit is only 300 and they only seem to report to experian.

Can anyone recomend a good secured card that reports to all 3 with atleast the ability to have a 1000 limit, I understand its better to get a card with atleast that amount?

Thank you. 

Your understanding is incorrect. The limit makes no difference score-wise. We always recommend depositing the least amount possible. Better to split that $1000 into several cards if necessary.

Often getting the first secured card will boost scores enough to qualify for unsecured withing a few months.

WF does report to all three agencies. How long has it been since the new account showed up on Experian?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one is a great secure card, but as said before if you let report for a few months you have good shot and cap1 unsecure cards

Message 3 of 5
Jaydawg220
Contributor

Wells fargo absolutly does to all 3 CBs. It took 1-10290cctx months before they started reporting on all 3 for my WF secured cc.

Good luck on your credit score!
Starting Fico 8s- TU 485 EX 470 EQ 470 [1/1/2015]
Current Fico 8s- TU 638 EX 626 EQ 615 [5/1/2017]
Merrick Bank $1100, Wells Fargo Secured $300, NFCU Secured $800, First Premier $300, CareCredit $3000, Fingerhut $800
Message 4 of 5
Jaydawg220
Contributor

*1-2months
Starting Fico 8s- TU 485 EX 470 EQ 470 [1/1/2015]
Current Fico 8s- TU 638 EX 626 EQ 615 [5/1/2017]
Merrick Bank $1100, Wells Fargo Secured $300, NFCU Secured $800, First Premier $300, CareCredit $3000, Fingerhut $800
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.