Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured cards that graduate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured cards that graduate

I filed my chapter 13 a year ago. Really looking to add another secured card to my file that graduates after a year or so. What are my chances of getting in with BOA or Discover with a bankruptcy reporting? My EQ is 626, only baddie is my BK. I've started rebuilding with a USAA secured card, Fingerhut unsecured, and self lender.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured cards that graduate

I have a Ch 7 that was discharged 7 years ago. My scores are hovering close to 600. I qualified for BOA, Discover, and Citi secured cards, all of which graduate. I'm sure you would qualify as well since your scores are higher than mine and I still have a couple baddies I'm working on.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a few posts about their stipulations changing all the time. Sometimes it's if your BK is less than 2 years old you won't get approved. Other times people get approved after 3-4 months. I might call a backdoor number and see what their stipulations are currently. That's good though you got all 3 that graduate. Hopefully I'll be there with ya. I didn't include discover, citi, or BOA in my bk
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed and withdrew a 7 in 2/2016, and it shows as dismissed. Disco gave me a chance after three tries, and I'm grateful. Citi and Cap One won't take me quite yet. Credit One and Open Sky don't graduate. I noticed you have SL too...great rebuilder! Keep going!!! 😊
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I filed my chapter 13 a year ago. Really looking to add another secured card to my file that graduates after a year or so. What are my chances of getting in with BOA or Discover with a bankruptcy reporting? My EQ is 626, only baddie is my BK. I've started rebuilding with a USAA secured card, Fingerhut unsecured, and self lender.

Citi and Cap1 also graduate. 

Message 5 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi does... Cap1... is still hit or miss.. It is only recently their cards have started graduating... 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi does... Cap1... is still hit or miss.. It is only recently their cards have started graduating... 

None of the cards are guaranteed to graduate. Cap1 is now among the list of graduating secured cards.

Message 7 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

None of the cards are guaranteed to graduate. Cap1 is now among the list of graduating secured cards.

In response to Lowkeyorca:

It was misleading. You inferred that Citi was guaranteed to graduate, while Cap1 is hit or miss. Neither are guaranteed, and Cap1 has been unsecuring secured their secured cards for people with good usage and cleaned up profiles in the same was as the others, so yes, they are now among the list of cards that do graduate. If you had made a statement that was accurate and didn't mislead the reader into thinking that they will more likely see a graduation with Citi than with Cap1, I wouldn't have elaborated.

And wasnt this your original post?

I never said they were guarenteed...Again. its not until recently that Cap1 has been graduating cards... change of policy... 

As an aside even if the Cap1 does NOT graduate, their preapproval is pretty solid... albeit you need to take the 3 HP to get it...

NOTHING ... NOTHING in credit is guarenteed.... some things just have better odds than others... And you inferring that i was implying that Citi was a "sure thing" .... Citi cards do graduate.... is everyone gonna meet the standards to do so... HELL NO. Also some offers are more solid than others. but that doesn't mean your always gonna get a YES...... 

Grrrrh... 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.