Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured cc for a 536 tu with credit cards in collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured cc for a 536 tu with credit cards in collection

Hello everyone, I'm just curious if there is a decent secured card I may get approved for. I'm trying to rebuild, all I got is being secondary on a car loan and student loans and au on my girlfriend's card. I have 0 inquiry's so I only want to apply if I know I can get approved. Thanks.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured cc for a 536 tu with credit cards in collection

List your baddies.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one, first premier and HSBC(best buy) in collection, 2 auto loan charge offs, one current auto loan 10 late pays but current and a charge off from Sprint and 6-7 medical charge offs
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of that is 4-5 yrs old
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm just curious if there is a decent secured card I may get approved for. I'm trying to rebuild, all I got is being secondary on a car loan and student loans and au on my girlfriend's card. I have 0 inquiry's so I only want to apply if I know I can get approved. Thanks.

Secured cards for the most part are always approved since you are putting down the amount of Credit Limit you want to have. Capital One Secured is the best place to start, especially because if you have a card with them in a few months you can try for a QS1 card and be on your way to getting unsecured cards.  
I've never had it, but I've heard OpenSky is also a great company.

With your scores being that low I wouldn't worry about your Inq's affecting your credit much. You're going to need to app to get cards to build your credit. I currently have 9 Inq's [6 of which are for an Auto Loan, so it counts as 1, or whatever ] and that's down from the 23 I had 2 years ago. I expect to have about 12 inq's sitting on my report before I head over to the garden. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit one, first premier and HSBC(best buy) in collection, 2 auto loan charge offs, one current auto loan 10 late pays but current and a charge off from Sprint and 6-7 medical charge offs

Ouch. I would start working on getting these taken off [if they are paid] or work on PFD's with these. Baddies suck, I know I used to have 11 of them on my report. They kill your chances at anything at a decent rate.
Sprint is a turd. I've been trying for over 6 months for them to PFD but they're only giving me the option to close the account in "good standing" if I pay in full ($1056) and wheN i ask her to elabroate what that means they never do -_-  They always say if I want a payment arrangement I will have to work will the Collections agency.. turds.
HSBC is now Captial One, btw - so Capital One has that Charge off. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest starting with SDFCU Secured Card. Qualify for membership by joining American Consumer Council.

What accounts do you have in collections? Who is OC, how much, how old, ect.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Secured cards for the most part are always approved since you are putting down the amount of Credit Limit you want to have. Capital One Secured is the best place to start, especially because if you have a card with them in a few months you can try for a QS1 card and be on your way to getting unsecured cards.  

With your scores being that low I wouldn't worry about your Inq's affecting your credit much. You're going to need to app to get cards to build your credit. I currently have 9 Inq's [6 of which are for an Auto Loan, so it counts as 1, or whatever ] and that's down from the 23 I had 2 years ago. I expect to have about 12 inq's sitting on my report before I head over to the garden. 

so they wont deny me?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would suggest starting with SDFCU Secured Card. Qualify for membership by joining American Consumer Council.

What accounts do you have in collections? Who is OC, how much, how old, ect.

these are in collections

hsbc best buy with midland  opened may 2013
credit one with midland opened mar 2012
sprint with erc june 2015
med bill with optimum recovery mar 2015

these are closed accounts

harley davidson charge off closed 9/2011
2 charge offs with wells fargo dealer services closed 1/12 and 9/15- im working paying these off almost done. say they will update credit. should i get in writing??
crdedit one charge off closed 11/11
first premier closed 10/11

with exception of bike its around 5k

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so they wont deny me?

You CAN get denied a secured card if you apply for a secured card at a bank where you owe money. Example: you owe US bank $500 and you apply for a secured credit card at US Bank.. They're likely going to deny you.  Capital one HAS denied Secured credit to certain individuals but they have never been up front about a minimum score, for approvals. 
Honesty IMO it's time to bite the bullet and apply [if you have the funds to add to the secured card, obviousy] if they say No, then at least you know where you stand and we can give some suggestions from that point forward. OR they accept it and TADA..secured card for you Smiley Very Happy 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.