Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Secured credit cards

What are the best secured credit card to get besides Capitol One, I already have one with them. Thanks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Secured credit cards

BofA, I have one and have nothing but positive things to say. Plus you can add 1-2-3 Rewards.
Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden

Established Member

I am completely new to secured cards, but I just got a Wells Fargo secured card. The two nice things about that are that I am already a Wells Fargo customer, so all of my accounts are linked and I can see it all together, and that after 12 months of on time payments, they will automatically review for an unsecured card with them. I figured that would be a good way to start.

If anyone has Wells Fargo secured card experience, I'd love to hear it.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

[ Edited ]

I have the wells fargo business secured card, just recently got it tho, I've just begun the rebuilding process and also have US bank LANPass(joint secured with my business parnter) and opensky secured.

Im totally new to the inner world of credit and the rebuilding process as well.

Established Contributor

I have a WF secured - so far it's been pretty painless. I banked with them for years, and it took them a while to approve me for even a secured card. But I made a fairly large deposit in my checking account last summer, and the cust svc rep was like "Would you be interested in a secured card? I'm seeing a preapproval..." so here we are.

I like the fact that it's linked on the online screens, so easy to see totals, etc. Have had zero issues thus far.

With the Opensky card I applied online and they keep telling my that they can not verifiy me and that I need to submit to them several documentation to open the account. Can you tell me if that happen to you and how long was it after you submitted you funds did it take for you to receive your card.

I am in the rebuilding processing and I only have one secured visa with PNC bank with a small limit of $300 just open in Aug 2012. I spoke with someone at Southern Federal Credit Union and  they informed me to start some new credit. They stated not to worry so much about the old negative because they was not doing anything for me really by paying them since the was already charged off and collection from several ago. They also informed me that I at least need a 600 score to be able to get a car through them.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.