Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Freeze Hard Pull LendingClub

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Security Freeze Hard Pull LendingClub

Hello everyone!!

I was wondering if you guys could help me out or give me an insight. We are in the middle of the verification stage of LendingClub and I was told that If I do a security freeze that I won't get a hard inquiry at the time of when they deposit into my bank account.

This seems like it would be great because I really don't want to have any hard inquiries on my account. They can check me multiple times as a soft pull to make sure I am eligible but I would like to keep my inquiries to a minimum.

I heard about the cost 5-10 dollars per exp/trans/equi account and then the same amount to take the freeze off at a later date (I don't plan to get any more credit for another year)

What do you guys think? Should I do a freeze and see if I don't get a hard pull? The security freeze online seems like a fast and easy process and I think it is worth it but was wondering if it would actually work and can they bypass the freeze to put a pull just because they deposited the money.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Security Freeze Hard Pull LendingClub

We aren't allowed to discuss this.
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No comment Smiley Wink Taboo
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
We aren't allowed to discuss this.

@rmduhon and @AverageJoesCredit

In this case you can discuss what the OP is considering.  It's perfectly ok to discuss freezing all your reports and applying for credit.  What can't be discussed is freezing a report to force a creditor to pull a different one because of higher scores, lower number of inquiries, etc.

Hope this clarifies the issue as I know a lot of posters aren't aware of the exact 'rule'.  If you have any questions you can always PM myself or another Moderator.

Message 4 of 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the clarification Irish.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.