Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security clearance and unpaid CO

tag
cbmcbm
Established Member

Security clearance and unpaid CO

Any  knowledge as to how an unpaid CO might affect an application for security clearance. The suable SOL will be reached end of next month. I was considering  requesting a n $80 pfd to delete the $1500  CO. Any thoughts??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Security clearance and unpaid CO

As long as you are up front about it and show them you have a plan to deal with it, there should not be any issues.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
themeggerz
New Contributor

Depends on the clearance - govt and military do not allow any judgements or unpaid collections on your CR.

My DH had to pay (and was able to PFD) before he could be granted his.

SCORES (2/2013): EX 795 TU 717 EXP 726
Goal: 800+ and Gardening

Wallet: NavyFed 15k AMEX BCE 2k Discover 3k BOA 5k
CapitalOne 2250 HSBC RZM 950 Best Buy SC 2900
GEMB/Paypal 3700 Merrick Bank 1k Zales 2k Barclays 1300 GEMB/AJMadison 3600 Walmart 800 VS 500 NY&CO 400
Message 3 of 4
aerochick31093
Valued Member

My brother-in-law just went through this same situation a little over a month ago. If you can't pay it off, at least try and set up a payment plan with the OC/CA. They don't like anything unpaid but if they see your making an attempt to resolve it, it  helps also. Whatever you do, make sure you disclose it on the form that asks for your credit information. If they find out about it ( and they will) and you don't have it listed, that is a big red flag to them. My BIL had a few paid collections and one in a payment plan and was hired.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.