cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice on Writing a Goodwill Letter!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking Advice on Writing a Goodwill Letter!

Good morning!

I am actively trying to raise my credit score which is currently:

659 on Experian

704 on Equifax 

696 on Transunion

The major dings on my credit report come from (2) 30 day lates (1 of which occurred in 2008 and the other in 2009) and (2) 60 days lates (1 of which occured in 2008 and the other in 2009) from a Chase Card that I had since 2003. I ended up paying the card off but then wasn't using the card to avoid falling into the same trouble and Chase closed the account for non-usage. I want to write them a Goodwill letter to see if they will at least erase the 60 day lates from my credit report. Does anyone have a sample Goodwill letter that has worked for him/her in the past that he/she would be willing to share with me? Does anyone have any experiences working with Chase Bank on a similar matter? Also, do you think it is too bold for me to ask for all of the lates to be erased in good will or should I just stick to getting the 60 day lates erased as they are the most damaging? Any advice at all would be appreciated! Thank you!

Best,

Seeking Perfect Credit

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.