Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice

tag
Tsuyoi
Valued Member

Seeking Advice

So, like many others in these forums, some of my past is haunting me on my credit report. I recently graduated from college in the spring and got a full time job and would like to "clean house" as best I can. So here's where I am:

Items on my credit report:
Student Loans (3 years worth of varying ages dating back to '10)
Capital One Credit Card (02/12)
Old Car Loan (02/06-10/08) [3 or 4 30 day flags]
3 Collections
- AFNI (10/08) [Settled for less 02/13]
- ONLINE Collections (10/08)
- CA? (12/06)

So here are my questions:
- Since I settled for less with AFNI, is a GW removal completely out of the question?
- I've drafted a PFD for ONLINE to send this week, has anyone had any success getting the item deleted?
- As for the third CA, this item only appears on my TU CR, which indicates that it's estimated to fall off in October. Should I simply let it expire rather than risk refreshing it on my report?
- My current credit card has a CL of 500, which was established when my income was much lower ($15,000). My new job is $50,000, so I'd like to get a CLI on this account rather than open a new line and ding my average age. Since the discrepancies listed above, I've had a 100% on time payment history on this and other accounts. Are there any ways of accomplishing this in my situation?

I'm looking to replace my car which is failing sometime later this year or at the start of next year as well as begin putting away towards a down payment on a house within the next few years.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Current Utilization: 0% / ~$50,000 AAoA: 7-8 Years Installment: ~$50,000 Student Loans / ~$2,000 Car Loan
Current Scores:
   TU08 - 812 (8/5 BarclaysCard)
   EQ08 - 843 (7/28 Citi - Bankcard/900)
Goal: Buying our first home!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Seeking Advice

@Tsuyoi wrote:
So, like many others in these forums, some of my past is haunting me on my credit report. I recently graduated from college in the spring and got a full time job and would like to "clean house" as best I can. So here's where I am:

Items on my credit report:
Student Loans (3 years worth of varying ages dating back to '10)
Capital One Credit Card (02/12)
Old Car Loan (02/06-10/08) [3 or 4 30 day flags]
3 Collections
- AFNI (10/08) [Settled for less 02/13]
- ONLINE Collections (10/08)
- CA? (12/06)

So here are my questions:
- Since I settled for less with AFNI, is a GW removal completely out of the question? I would send a GW letter 
- I've drafted a PFD for ONLINE to send this week, has anyone had any success getting the item deleted? I never dealt with them.
- As for the third CA, this item only appears on my TU CR, which indicates that it's estimated to fall off in October. Should I simply let it expire rather than risk refreshing it on my report? I would wait till Oct for it to fall off then offer a settlement to them.
- My current credit card has a CL of 500, which was established when my income was much lower ($15,000). My new job is $50,000, so I'd like to get a CLI on this account rather than open a new line and ding my average age. Since the discrepancies listed above, I've had a 100% on time payment history on this and other accounts. Are there any ways of accomplishing this in my situation? Depending on what your scores are at now well determine if you can get a CLI. 

I'm looking to replace my car which is failing sometime later this year or at the start of next year as well as begin putting away towards a down payment on a house within the next few years.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Tsuyoi and welcome to the forums. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.