Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking advice

I've worked to rebuild my credit after being young and foolish with it. A year ago, I had 5 collections and have paid them all. I now have zero debt. Before paying my collections, I asked each one about deleting the account once paid and they all said that they wouldn't even if paid in full so I just paid them off hoping that would help some and it did. I use credit karma to monitor my credit and have my score with Trans union and equifax up to 660 but my fico is still 550. My goal is to reach a 580 fico so I can buy a home next year when my lease is up. I have opened two credit cards and got a little boost and expect another when my credit lines increase after the 5 month mark. Will a small auto loan also help? I want to get the loan but don't want it to hurt my already low fico score. I have already been approved thru my bank but don't want to get it if it will hurt my score. How can my fico score be so much lower than my tans union score? Thanks for reading!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Seeking advice

CK uses Vantage 3 scores which very few lenders use. You need your actual Fico scores. Try the 7 day trial from creditchecktotal.com to see what they are. Start a GW campaign for for paid collections asking for removal.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.