Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking some guidance on how to go about these collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking some guidance on how to go about these collections

So I started my rebuilding about a year ago, and I have gotten to a pretty decent place. I have had a bunch of collections fall off, other things I paid for. But I still have several collections that I would like to go about PFD, removing, or at least paying them in full to look better to potential manual reviews. 

My current scores and tradelines are in my signature but here are the collections, 

Optima Recovery: $3,544 

Original  Lender TU: National Fitness Gym Membership, Date Assigned: June 15th, 2015

Original  Lender EX: National Fitness Gym Membership, Date Assigned: June 15th, 2015

Original  Lender EQ: Not Reported

Moved out of state in 2013 so, i assume original date is 2013

JH Port Det - $2,448

Original Lender EQ: Jh Portfolio Debt Equity, Date Assigned: Feb, 2016

Origignal Lender TU: 12 World Finance Corporation, Date Assigned: March 31, 2015

Origignal Lender EX: 12 World Finance Corporation, Date Assigned: March 31, 2015

Original Account was charged off April 2012

Midland Funding - $544

Original Lender EQ: Midland Funding, LLC, Date AssignedSmiley Surprisedct. 2015

Origignal Lender TU: 01 Credit One Bank N.A, Date Assigned: June 15, 2015

Origignal Lender EX: 01 Credit One Bank N.A, Date Assigned: June 15, 2015

Original account was charged off  March, 2011

F.A.S.T. - $488

Original Lender EQ: Y12 Federal Credit Union. Date Assigned: Jan 11, 2013

Original Lender TU: Not Reported

Original Lender EX; Not Reorted

Original account was charged off May, 2012

Revenue Recovery Corporation - $125

Original Lender EQ: Blank, Date Assigned: May 31 2014

Original Lender TU: Not Reported

Original Lender Ex: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: May 31 2014

Revenue Recovery Corporation - $241

Original Lender EQ: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: Dec 31 2014

Original Lender TU: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: Dec 31 2014

Original Lender Ex: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: Dec 31 2014

Revenue Recovery Corporation - $221

Original Lender EQ: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: May 01, 2015

Original Lender TU: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: May 01, 2015

Original Lender Ex: Methodist Medical Center, Date Assigned: May 01, 2015

I have sent a Validation letter for all three of the Revenue Recovery Collections, as this could be a simple mix up, I have a fairy common name. Seeing that I havent been to the hospital since 2010 or so, and I had insurance at the time. I belive these are honest mistakes. JH Portfolio, and Midland have me confused, however, because they have themeselves listed as the original creditor and the reporting date is inaccurate on them. I was almost 100% certain I closed my national fitness account before I moved out of state. 

Eitherway with all of that out of the way, I am looking for guidance on how to go about these accounts. I will have enough cash to pay them all in full within the next 3 months. Any advice is greatly appreciated as well. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeking some guidance on how to go about these collections

Start sending PFD letters and hoping for the best. 

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Each collection will become excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of your first delinquency on the OC account that created the debt.  Date assigned and date charged-off are not relevant to determination of credit report exclusion.

The posting does not provide the reported DOFD.  If/when the collection becomes excluded, a PFD will no longer be an issue, as it will be excluded from your credit report.

Thus, you may be able to offer a settlement for less once excluded.

What is the DOFD on each collection?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

National fitness has nothing reported on my credit report just the collection from optima.

World Finance (jh port)has a DOFD listed as 04/02/2012

Credit one (midland) has a DOFD as 04/12/2012

Y12 credit union (FAST) has nothing listed on credit report, this was an over drafted checking account from 2012 (I spoke with them, they are willing to remove it from my credit report if I pay in full)

Methodist Medical (revenue recovery) has nothing listed on my credit just the collections listed

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Debt collectors are required to report the DOFD to the CRA no later than 90 days after reporting of their collection.  FCRA 623(a)(5).

It is thus required to be in your credit file.

It is common for commercial credit reports to choose not to provide the reported DOFD.

You can usually obtain the DOFD by ordering a copy of your credit report from annualcreditrepor.com (if you currently have an unused annual report).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I don't have an unused annual credit report available at the moment, can you purchase the same report via annual credit report? If not I do have a credit denial that I could use to obtain a report
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davidasmithlpn wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have an unused annual credit report available at the moment, can you purchase the same report via annual credit report? If not I do have a credit denial that I could use to obtain a report
You can also buy a complete credit report from each CRA's website or you can use the credit denial to obtain one.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.