cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-reporting payments (bills and rent)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Self-reporting payments (bills and rent)

Hello All,

I was told by my college that there is a thing called "self-reporting payments."  Now obviously you can't loan yourself money and say to a credit bureau, "Hey, I got a loan for $5,000 and I paid it off in 7 months."  It has to be from a legitimate company such as your cable, electric/gas, phone provider(s) and or your landlord if you rent your place.  It would also possibly work with my school or with the car I bought even though it is in-house financed. 

However, I'm not sure how I would do this.  I did a Google search and I found this :

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/boost-credit-score-by-self-reporting.aspx

That is the extent of what I found so I visited the website PRBC and I didn't find any information on there -- or maybe I am overlooking it?

Does anyone here know what I am talking about, how you go about it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Self-reporting payments (bills and rent)

I've heard about this, but have yet to see anyone (as in here on the forums) ever had this info added to their reports.

I'm guessing you have little or no credit history, correct??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Self-reporting payments (bills and rent)

Yes, correct.

And I have to tell you I think having no credit is worse than having bad credit.  I can't get approved for anything and what I do get approved for the rates are incredibly high or the deposits are just ridiculously huge.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.