Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a DV to Mitchell N Kay (t-mobile)

tag
aroyal
New Contributor

Send a DV to Mitchell N Kay (t-mobile)

last year i had a t-mobile acct go to collections. The last bill i received was for around $700. This included 2 termination fees totaling $400.00. Well when the CA contacted me I asked for verification of the amount, they couldn't provide and t-mobile couldn't pull up the account. Aug of 09 the CA deletes from CR and sold it to the new CA Law offices of mitchell n kay out of new york. (i live in indiana)

I am going to send them a DV. Should I ask for the last bill from t-mobile in the DV. Also I received something in the mail from a class action lawsuit against  t-mobile having to give refunds for charging people for early termination fees.  Will this help me at all to get this deleted. Why would I pay for something that t-mobile is refunding. Also mitchell n kay has a balance of 977.04

Starting Score: eq 383tu 417
Current Score: eq 577tu 609
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Send a DV to Mitchell N Kay (t-mobile)

What is the DOFD on the OC account?  That controls federal telecomm SOL (2 years), and falloff date from your CR at 7 1/2 years from the DOFD.

Did the new CA/law firm send you dunning notice within 5-days of initial communication with you?  If not, they may have a violation of FDCPA 809(a).

Your DV letter carries little clout.  First, FDCPA does not require the CA to send you bills from the OC.  You can request that, but there is no statutory provision for them to comply, other than to tell you the name and address of the OC, and the amount of the debt.  Second, they dont have to even respond to your DV letter. 

The issue of class action suit is a civil action that has nothing to do with credit reporting or debt verification under either the FCRA of the FDCPA.

Message 2 of 6
aroyal
New Contributor

DOFD was in Sept of 08. They CA called last week and I told them they need to contact me by mail. They said they had already sent something a month earlier but I had never gotten anything. So I just received another letter a couple days ago.

Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

The letter you received a couple days ago,

Was it from the CA, a dunning letter?

If not, who was it from and what did it says?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
aroyal
New Contributor

Yes it was from Mitchell N Kay and it listed the creditor T-mobile and the amount 977.04, In the body of the letter it offers a 60% settlement amount.

Message 5 of 6
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I live in NYC and Mitchell N Kay is on my account also for T-Mobile... I never ever received any lettter from them. So I contacted them by phone. I offered them to PFD, so they sent a letter via e-mail giving me until 8-31 to pay and they would update my account to show paid. I told them no I want a lettter specifically stating that all negative notation will be deleted. They give me the run around and insisted that they will delete once payment is received. I did not agree. That is when the man on the phone told me that it will remain on my credit.  I complained to the BBB, because now they are calling me at work. I never give them permission to contact me there. They took the number from callers ID....Waiting on BBB at this time....amount is $788.88.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.