Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending CMRRRs online through usps.com?

tag
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Sending CMRRRs online through usps.com?

Has anybody here sent DVs or CRA disputes CMRRR online through the USPS's website? If so, is it easy to use? Do you still receive a slip in the mail with a signature after the letter has been signed for?

I am hoping that this would make sending CMRRRs a lot easier, rather than having to take time to go wait in line all the time at the post office.

-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending CMRRRs online through usps.com?

I did this a lot. It's not particularly cheap, but it's convenient. The interface is a bit slow too.

A couple of tips:

Never try to compose a letter using their WYSIWYG thingee... it's a pain. Do it in Word or something and upload. 

I found the electronic return receipts, which are cheaper, not as reliable. Twice I just never got one, even though it was reported as delevered, and once the RR was unreadable. The mail carrier has to scan the signature using a little machine, and some of them do it correctly and some of them don't. So if you don't mind the cost, the green card is more reliable. That said, most of my other ones worked, and they refunded me for the ones that didn't.

I tend to be someone who does better getting things done immediately rather than waiting for the next time I go out to remember to take things to the post office, so in the end it was worth it to me.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.