Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending GW letter, need full account number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending GW letter, need full account number

I am starting to send some GW letters to old accounts that were closed derog, charged off or had late payments.  In those letters, I obviously need to include my original account number.  When I look at my CR's, the last 4 digits of my account numbers are all left off.  Does anyone know how I can find the full account numbers.  Most of these accounts are old (5-6 years) and I have no idea where I would get those account numbers.

Thank you for any advise on this.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending GW letter, need full account number

I think you can call the CRA and they will give it to you. Possibly.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  I will try that.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it only works with certain ones. I just tried it again with EQ and it didn't work, so I edited post to call CRA. Good luck

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called TransUnion and they can't give me the account numbers for security reasons.  They are my account numbers, so I really don't understand how I can't have them.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get these full account numbers?

Thank you,

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I could just include the accounts digits that I have and leave the last 4 stared out and then include my social security number under that, so at least they can plug that in to pull up my account?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 8
bronxboy10
Valued Member

You do not need the last 4, just send the first 12 as they appear on your credit report. I this with a successful GW letter to Discover.

Capital One Venture One $15000 | NASA FCU Cash Rewards $7800 | Capital One QS1 $4500 | Barclay Apple $3450 | Amex Everyday $3500 | Virgin America Visa Signature $3000 | Capital One Spark Classic $3000 | Capital One Platinum $2500 | NFCU cashRewards $2300 | Discover IT $2300 | Capital One Spark Miles Select $2000 | Barclay Rewards $1500 | Bank of America BankAmericard $500 | Amazon Store Card $3500 | Walmart Store Card $600 | Bloomingdales Store Card $11000 | Lowes Store Card $12000 | Brooks Brothers Store Card $250
FICO Scores: TU BarclayCard 689 (10/6/2015) EX 660 EQ 695
Last App 10/13/2015
Message 7 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think I could just include the accounts digits that I have and leave the last 4 stared out and then include my social security number under that, so at least they can plug that in to pull up my account?

Thank you.

Yes.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.