Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Goodwill letter to Honda Financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending Goodwill letter to Honda Financial

Hi everyone,

I have two back-to-back 30 day late dings on my report earlier this year. I lost the plot of the cycle, I know, I know...

Anyway, I've written a goodwill letter and Im adressing it to the President of Honda Financial Services. Im following the script here, as user PAPAS WIFEY did a couple of years back.

Is there anything I should reconsider, or is there a better route to use before doing so?

Thanks fam

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sending Goodwill letter to Honda Financial

Do you still owe money on the loan or has it been closed since the 30 day late payments?  How much positive payment history do you have outside of the late payments?

With a money-hungry business like auto loans, I'd put something in your letter about how you're considering financing or leasing another Honda for your wife, kid, whatever but you'd feel much more confident doing so if your current account reflected what you believe to be your stellar creditworthiness.  If you present the image of being a potentially more profitable customer should they decide to grant you a GW adjustment, my opinion is that your odds of getting that adjustment increase.  I also recommend that you send more than one letter.  If you have time, read through the Saturation Technique where you may find more ideas on how to increase your odds of success:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, BrutalBodyShots.

Yes, I mentioned that my lease is coming to an end and that we are erring to trading it in for a new lease. 

Besides those 2 nicks, we have paid over 30 perfect months.

For good measure, I mentioned steering friends/family towards Honda with my enthusiasm.

Ill look into the saturation method.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on doing the same! Are you just sending your letter through mail or are you emaling them too? Because I want to email them also, but I can't find any contact email for them.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone send me a good contact at honda? I'm sending out GW letters today for a recent 30-day late charge and need as many contacts as I can get.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
thecart

Bumping an older thread to see if someone can PM me a current email address for the Honda Financial executive office for a GW request.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.