Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PFD Letters

tag
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Sending PFD Letters

In a nutshell, have some smaller medical collections, between $21 and $150.00 that I want to PIF. These items are from 2005 and up, most recent might

be 2007. (Stevens Business Services).  I live in NH, the SOL is 3 years for these accounts.

The accounts were sent to an outside agency.

I want to make sure I do this correctly.

Send a DV letter.

Wait for response

Then send PFD letter.

I know paying these accounts may not bump my fico up at all, but if I ever need a manual review for something, I suppose the report will look cleaner.

Thanks for any advice.

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Sending PFD Letters

HIPAA will get them deleted from TU regardless of payment status, with the pre-HIPAA letter.  If you want to pursue that route, you should NOT contact the CA.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mauve wrote:

HIPAA will get them deleted from TU regardless of payment status, with the pre-HIPAA letter.  If you want to pursue that route, you should NOT contact the CA.

Not an entirely true statement.  Many times the HIPAA process does not work.  It does not hurt to try but it is not an absolute.

Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

It sure feels true when TU deletes things you didn't even include in your pre-HIPAA letter!  Although, yes, I suppose that I can only speak to my experience.  

guiness56 wrote:

mauve wrote:

Not an entirely true statement.  Many times the HIPAA process does not work.  It does not hurt to try but it is not an absolute.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.