Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a DV Letter Certified Mail

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Sending a DV Letter Certified Mail

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question:  I want to send out ao DV letter to National Credit Solutions for an alledged BMG Music Service account .  According to my Experian credit report it was opened on 12/2008.  I've never had an account w/BMG.  I also never received any communication from BMG or NCS ever in life.  This is not my first time sending them a DV letter.  The first time they sent back some mess in a grid that told me nothing about they account.  I want to know when they account was opened, what address whatever the heck was ordred was sent to, something tangible to show proof.  I immediately sent another DV letter back advising that wasn't satisfactory & they never responded.  I'm almost tempeted to just send a PIF letter to get it off my report but I've been reading that apparently this is a company that preys on people that will do that.  So, I've looked around & gotten a sample DV letter but I'm confused b/c it wants you to list your certified mail number on the letter.  Now, I'm thinking that I'm not going to obtain that number until I go to USPS & at the time my letter will already be in an envelope, so if that's the case how can I include that number in my letter.  Can someone please advise how they send out their letters certified & which option you select?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Sending a DV Letter Certified Mail

Yes you can send them a DV letter. You will need to go to the Post Office and send it Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. I always do the electronic form, instead of waiting to get the green card back.

By doing electronic you go online to usps.com enter the Certified Mail # and when it is signed for they will send you an email. (ofcourse with you providing them the info)

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

And if you pick up some of those forms in advance, you can include the #.  I haven't done that yet, though.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
lots_of_baddies
New Contributor

Yeah that's what I always do, pick up a bunch of the green cards for the certified letters and the signature required receipts so I can include the certified # in the letter.

good luck

Starting Score: EQ 440, TU 440
Current Score: EQ 640, TU 640
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.