Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a PFD letter

tag
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Sending a PFD letter

I am sending a PFD letter tomorrow based on the sample provided by Tuscani (thank you so much!). In the letter, it references certified funds. Because I am dealing with ER Solutions, and have read many, many bad things regarding this company, how am I to know they, if they accept my offer, will process the funds? I am offering a PIF for a PFD, they listed my account on Transunion in May 2009, but I have never received anything from them. I am hoping that since I am taking the initiative, they will accept. But how can I know they cash the cashiers check which I'll mail certified? Any ideas?

Thank you!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sending a PFD letter

Also, what are certified funds? I was searching on the boards and found that moneys orders do have a hold on them like a personal check. I was planning on sending a cashiers check from my bank. So if I send the cashiers check via ceritfied mail return signature green card, is that proof that they got it and would classify as certified funds?

Thank you so much!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sending a PFD letter

The simple answer is that a PFD is just a conditiional offer to pay, that may or may not be accepted by the CA.

I would not send them a single penny until you have prior, written agreement of your PFD offer.

You take a big risk if you include payment along with your PFD offer.  They can put it in the bank, and just assert that all they accepted was your PIF,

Payment in full only requires them to update the CA status to paid, which wont help your credit score one bit.

Sure, you can always fall back on conditions set forth in your PFD letter as tacit admission of acceptance to delete, but that may require legal action.

I suggest you get it up front before you rely on their interprtion, with your money already in thier bank.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.