Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending funds for PFD?

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Sending funds for PFD?

Looked in the mail today and I received a PFD letter saying if I paid XXX amount and as a gesture of good will once it was received they would delete from all CA's. My question is what is the best way to send them funds? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
C_DUBYA
Regular Contributor

Re: Sending funds for PFD?

I sent one today.  I sent it via certiifed check from bank, and prirotiy mail with tracking and signature required.

Inside I also put a copy of their letter saying what they would do upon receipt.

Starting FICO8 June 2017: EQ: 514 - EX: 491 - TU: 521 Pre-BK7
Current
FICO8 March 2023: EQ: 703 - EX- 680 - TU: 671
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'd recommend sending a money order, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a CA information about where I bank.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
Mvpbowler
Contributor

That is what I was wondering.. It is actually with the OC, but still didn't feel comfortable with giving banking information. Wasn't sure if a MO or a Certified Check was best.

And yes they requested a copy of the letter be attached for reference.

Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Mvpbowler wrote:

That is what I was wondering.. It is actually with the OC, but still didn't feel comfortable with giving banking information. Wasn't sure if a MO or a Certified Check was best.

And yes they requested a copy of the letter be attached for reference.

Well if it's with the Original Creditor then I wouldn't really have the same concerns, unless for some reason you don't trust them to keep your information private.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

You can obtain a cashier's check at most banks where you do not have an account w/ cash. They will even give you a carbon copy of the check.  

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.